Week 11 & 12 of Interaction Design for Web is complete. Over the final weeks of the class, I spent time improving my prototype by analysing the second user testing results and working my way towards the eventual website.
User Testing Round 2
After conducting my second round of user testing, I found that there were a few significant problems.
- Colours were hard to read (I conducted a test on the colours via Check My Colours and found numerous problems)
- 404 errors (broken pages) on a few pages within the styles
- Too much colour on post pages (with yellow)
To improve the website I made several changes. These included:
- Updating the logo colours, so that they were a darker colour.
- Changing the background of the menu to a light colour with dark text
- Changing the colour of headings to darker colours
- Changing the colour of buttons to darker tones
- Updated footer so it was not as cluttered.
I also made some changes to how the post pages looked. This included moving the featured image and having the post content with a white background.
I compiled all of my work completed on user testing and prototype refinements and submitted my document. In my first submission, I had a problem with too many pages. This time I was much more conscious of the number used.
The final website can be viewed at paperdear.com.
I will have a full recap of the class once the final results are in.