Week 7 of packaging design is complete (even if it is a bit late). In week seven we began work on Project 2 starting with market research. This week (or last week) took me a lot of time because I tried to conduct as much research as I could.
While week seven was challenging with the amount of investigation involved, having a sound knowledge of the current market assists in being able to create packaging that directly connects to the right market, and in turn consumer.
Our brief was to look at packaging that had bad accessibility (and legibility), or packaging unable to be opened without a tool. Given the category of garden, office or hardware I decided to go with the hardware group and selected screws in small packages of 100 pieces or less. This packaging is usually in clamshells which are hard to open, but made impracticable with a staple.